Saturday, November 29, 2008

Date night

Here is my Saturday night date! Could I be any luckier?
Can you see the coating of biscuit on his face and do you love the new norm of right sock off...he is going to get written up if he goes to the high school like that for gang affiliation.

Steve had a guy’s night tonight, and Luke helped me decorate the Christmas tree. Actually, as you can see he enjoyed a teething biscuit while I got dizzy going round and round with the strings of lights. I am only putting lights on the tree this year to eliminate any issues with ornaments and ornament hooks...going overboard with safety? probably but I am still doing it that way!
The best part of the decorating was each time I came around where he was looking at me, I would smile and laugh really loud which made him do the same…it makes me laugh just thinking about it.
He got his second bath of the day after that lovely biscuit...what a mess! His teeth are driving him a little nuts lately. You can hear him grinding the four that he has and he just seems to have put his gnawing skills into overdrive.

I love having some lights up. It makes the house feel cozy, and I enjoyed some hot chocolate after Luke went to sleep and the quiet of everything. Aaaaah…deep breath!
The stockings are hung with care…all FIVE of them! It is a nice feeling to have that 5th one up there. It seems to make the family thing official to me in just another way.

I should go to bed, but I don’t get many moments to snuggle up to Luna and spoil her with lovin’ so off I go to the lovely pet that helped me learn some preliminary parenting skills.
Thanks to Gma Jackie for personalizing the stockings over the years and to getting me out of the house today for a fun lunch at the Flyway. We are all excited for you to be over your cold...and yes, we know we have been over the top in trying to limit Luke's exposure - thanks for humoring us!

No comments: