Friday, November 7, 2008

Teething bites!

We had some fun family time on our bed last night. Luke was loving the fact that his buddies got up there with us!
I want the camera strap mom! He was grabbing it here and really happy to have a grip on it...
Soul mates - nothing makes Luke smile like Star does
I love his feet - I was trying to take some pictures of them, but he is super wiggly so they were not coming out so great. I do like how he is looking at the camera, though, like he has no clue why I would be taking pictures of his feet.

The past week or so, Luke has been consistently biting me when he is finished with a meal. It really hurts and is pretty annoying, even though I understand he is a baby and the incoming teeth are really annoying to him. When he does this, I remove him, tell him no and move on...yesterday I had a minor meltdown over the idea of starting to supplement with formula. I have to make sure he is full without getting to injured in the process :) but I would really like to nurse him as much as possible until his first birthday. So, Steve and I have a small can of formula for back-up, and we will just work on one feeding at a time. I looked up some tips for dealing with biting and I am hopeful that when the teeth make it through, the biting will stop.
He is such an agreeable little guy. I put him in the frontpack yesterday to help me spread grass seed. He is always happy to be outside, even on a fairly yucky day. It is also fun when the leaves fall around him. It stops him in his tracks, as he tries to figure out where they are coming from and how maybe he can catch one to get it in his mouth.

2 comments:

Jen said...

I love the pics of him and the dogs. THey seem to love him to pieces. My dogs have done great, they really love him now that his is throwing food off the high chair. They are getting some extra snacks:) His is a doll! Hope the biting stops soon...yikes!

steetoa said...

I can't imagine razor sharp teeth chompin down on the nip - eek! I remember when my older sister had the same problem. Not sure if her "solution" works for everyone, but she'd sometimes shove the rest of her breast up against her daughter's nose to cut off the O2 for an instant or two to negatively enforce the biting.