Sunday, November 9, 2008

Productivity

I have been a list maker forever. Seriously, I remember enjoying checking things off my 'to-do' list when I was in 6th grade. There is something satisfying about marking things off and being able to see what you have done in a day/week, etc...
Since having Luke, the lists are a little different (laundry, dishes, cleaning are always at the top and the house still never really looks clean!), and my type A desire to get everything done in a certain amount of time or on a specific day has had to become a little more flexible. I have been cleaning out my closet for about 2 weeks now, which would have been really annoying a year ago. I realize, though, that a year ago I probably wouldn't even have gotten the closet cleaned out at all. I used up a lot of pre-Luke time just chilling and playing and taking lovely naps- and I am glad that I did. There isn't a lot of that kind of free time anymore, but there is plenty of Luke time and that is a pretty great trade!
Although I feel like I am often a step behind these days, I am pretty sure I am a more productive person b/c when I have the chance I get things done. I really think that is a secret to staying in shape after having a baby, too. You NEVER really stop moving, except for those wonderful breaks to nurse or relax for a few after Luke has gone down for a nap. Steve gets the brunt of my tyrannical behavior when I want the house to be just so or the day to go just so - I know that I am pretty hard to take at those times, and I am trying to be better because he certainly couldn't be better about being GREAT to me at all times.
Anyway, there isn't really a point to this entry. wanted to write a reminder to myself that even if my list of things to do is always longer than the completed items on it, I wouldn't have it any other way. Life is good, and I am thankful.

No comments: