Monday, November 17, 2008

big dorky fun and some other stuff worth mentioning

Steve just got home from a dinner meeting. He walked in to find me dancing around with Luna to The Little Mermaid Sdtk. (Les Poissons specifically! http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=XuuEDDyvzuE) while Luke and Star looked on like they just weren't quite sure what the heck was going on, but they were amused by it all. I love that I can do this kind of thing and say that I am doing it to amuse my baby :) Luke was mid-dinner and just kept looking at me like when am I going to get another bite of sweet potatoes, mom? I like to sing to him during meals, but sometimes I need some inspiration.

I had Luke in the bathroom with me for a minute tonight in his walker. I am not going to talk about the bathroom any more than I have to, but it was amusing to watch Luke notice himself in the mirror. He even did the once over as he walked by and saw a cute little boy looking back at himself...cute and picture worthy.

I try to bump into people with little kids at the store, post office, wherever now because Luke is absolutely enthralled with these little people that he sees. It is always a fun exchange to see a toddler smile and say 'baby' and then to watch Luke look at them like 'wow, you are just about my size' hmmmmmm...I am sure I don't do his thought process credit.

Excuse my goofy face in the last pic. I was making him laugh so it was totally worth it to get that smile on record.
Kudos to Luke today for his hard work at getting a good nap in! We had some tree guys here using chainsaws, walking on the roof, dropping heavy limbs on the deck, etc...and Luke slept through it all! I put him down on our bed, surrounded by pillows with a classical CD set to repeat...we might have to try the music at night :) Although once Luke tries out my homemade sleep sack I am sure his nighttime sleep with get even better...more on my craftiness another time.
Thanks to my dad for a fun and cold afternoon in DuQuoin this weekend. The best part was watching his reaction when he thought he locked his keys in the truck and later when he thought it got towed. My fav. quote for the day was from a St. T fan asking another fan if all of these southern Illinois people really liked to hunt. She was curious after seeing the amazing number of fans decked out in their finest camo gear.
This weekend I also got to enjoy a movie sitting next to my favorite action hero thanks to Gma Susan and Gpa Paul coming over for a couple of hours to enjoy their favorite grandchild. The newest Bond movie is fun, pretty and you don't have to use your brain to enjoy the scenery so it was a fun couple of hours. Love you, Steve :)
Star with her toy in the middle of Luke's play area...she is good about keeping track of her toy and leaving Luke's alone
Luna with her bone...I had to get her up here, too!

2 comments:

uncle greg said...

That is one happy baby. Is the little guy trying to crawl yet?

SELSA5 said...

still just rolling around and lunging for things...he loves that walker though. He navigates well and follows us around :)