Sunday, November 9, 2008

Family Weekend

This is Luke tonight playing in his walker. I went through our bathroom closet today sorting and purging, and I came across some birthday balloons that I had hidden from Steve so that I could use them for his b-day. I obviously didn't use all of them b/c they were still hidden, so I blew them up with Luke watching in awe. They were the hit of the day. We played lots, and I tied one to his walker so that he could 'chase' it.

This is one HAPPY grandma with her favorite person in the world. Mom wanted some pictures of her, dad and Luke so we got some good ones on Saturday. I am remembering the fun I had in my photo classes at the Jane Addams Hull House in Chicago when I lived there. What fun it is to capture moments like this!

Here are the three of them...I love this one
Here are the girls on Luke's play pad. I have started doing some fun baby yoga and stretching with him in the afternoon or evening so this has become part of our living room decoration. Evidently, the girls like Luke's scent (he rolls all over this area!) or just the comfort of the cushioned mat.
I laughed and laughed and laughed last night when I got Luke in his new snowsuit. He was a totally great sport about being put into this thing and it did keep him really warm (he fell asleep in it) but he looks just a tad like the kid in A Christmas Story.
We had a really nice weekend. Steve and I had a quick dinner date on Friday. We were both kind of tired, but it was nice to eat too much bar food and look at each other for an hour.

Saturday, Luke got to visit with both sets of grandparents which made him a very happy boy, indeed! We ran around a bunch, and for the first time since Luke was around we watched a movie laying on the couch together after he went to bed (at 8pm!). I got Drillbit Taylor - REALLY bad choice - we watched it on FF in about 15 minutes - seriously - but it was kind of fun because we were going to go see that movie on 3/21/08. I went into labor instead. Luke knew how bad of a movie it was and didn't want to be any part of it so he decided to show up!

I read a great novel this weekend. It is called A Country Called Home by Kim Barnes. I enjoyed every page and for about thirty minutes yesterday Luke was happy to play with his picture books while lounging on me while I read my book out loud. It was a welcome change from Dr. Seuss and Brown Bear :) Luke really prefers his dad's reading voice to mine, but he was content.

Today we went down to Union County for a drive and to get the dogs out for a run in the woods. It was a nice way to spend the afternoon. Steve normally golfs on Sunday, but it has gotten pretty cold so we enjoyed having him at home.

With the cooler weather, we are forced to be inside for most of the day. It seems to work out, though, b/c Luke really likes his walker and he really likes to be on the floor rolling around or sitting up and talking to one of us as he lunges for a different toy. He gets a little more independent each day, and he is SO AWARE. I love watching him when he hears the doggy door swing open - he will stop and look at the spot that the dogs come around the couch expecting them and then squeal when they appear.

No comments: