Friday, November 14, 2008

Perfect Day

There aren't a lot of days that just go how you envision them going when you have an infant. One of my friends called me yesterday frustrated b/c her day with her 8 week old was absolutely NOT going the way that she had planned. It is interesting to be a planner, and then to learn that the baby is really in charge!

Yesterday was a great day from beginning to end. Luke slept really well and got up at 7. We played, he ate, played some more, downed his yogurt and enjoyed a fun bath. We went to the library and ran a few other errands before he ate a little more and took a great nap. I was able to pick up the house, make dinner, eat lunch and shower while he slept. When he woke up, he played on his mat while I talked on the phone for a while and then ate some more (there is a definite theme to his days!) and we got bundled up and headed to the lake for a hike. It was a chilly day, but he tolerated his snowsuit and enjoyed the fresh air. I don't think he liked it too much when I put a blanket over the stroller to block the wind but it was fun to peek at him and see that great Luke smile.

Luna smelled like death from rolling in some kind of treasure at the lake when we got home so I put Luke on his play pad with his favorite stuffed animal, Panda, and he told him all about our walk while I got Luna in the tub and cleaned up.

He was really giggly and happy after the walk and we just enjoyed some tickle/snuggle time until Daddy got home. He was thrilled to see Steve and stayed up until Steve left for his b-ball game. I put him down just before Gma Jackie got here to watch him while I went to play tennis. The tennis was fun, but Luke didn't sleep long and he was a little cranky for Gma. He was in no mood for his peas, but Gma was able to work her magic and keep him smiling until I got home. It was totally random, but when I walked in last night he looked over smiled and clapped his hands. It was really cool, even if he wasn't aware of what he was doing! We got some more playtime in before bed.

This sounds like a pretty normal day, but it was special. Luke was happy all day. We enjoyed so much time together and it was just smooooooth.

No comments: