Saturday, November 22, 2008

Lots of pics of an EIGHT month old

Here I am, 8 months old!Here is my little man in his snowsuit after our 3 mile walk with Gma Jackie and the dogs. I am glad Gma said she would go with b/c otherwise I probably wouldn't have left the house today. The walk was good for everybody. Daddy got to stay home and take a nap BUT he also put laundry away and picked up the house...whatta guy! Luke is really happy b/c he fell asleep on the walk and slept for over 2 hours. He was ready to eat and play - but first he wanted OUT of his suit. He does not like being restrained by anything...wonder where he got that? Another shot of him all bundled up...I am not sure we could get any more layers on there :) I just love this face shot. He looks like a little kid, and he looks so in charge.I gave up trying to read to him tonight and just gave him the book. One of my faves to read to him is Yertle the Turtle. Lately, he just wants to chew on whatever you are reading to him so I gave him Green Eggs and Ham to chew while I read. No go...he has caught on to that little trick and wants the real deal instead. So while I try to read a book, he does a constant "mmmmmm, mmmm, mmmmm, mmmmm" I couldn't take it for all of Yertle so here he is enjoying the book cover. I think he is happier playing with the paper than listening to me read. I was happier watching him enjoy his play than fighting the "mmmmmm". Mom of the year award goes to - NOT me! Another fave - chewing on my headbands...I am absolutely sure I should not give him these, but I only do it when I am watching him and he really enjoys it.
Happy Dad, Happy baby. Yikes! Luke is 8 months old today. I say yikes, but really I am thankful that we have all made it this far. I am not very experienced or confident with newborns, and it feels good to be in this new stage of Luke's life. He is a little more independent, his personality is showing up more each day and he is just fun to be around!

He was up at 12:30 last night which made sure he was awake to celebrate the exact time of his birth. What a good boy :) There is a teeny tiny bit of sarcasm attached to that statement. I think he must be growing again which is great b/c he is definitely not any closer to sleeping through the night. Who cares, though, except for me! He is growing and healthy so those two factors are MUCH more important than sleep - and I really mean that.

Yesterday was great. I took him to the Galleria in St. Louis and we got some shopping done and enjoyed the fountains, lights and people there. I ate a quick snack when we got there while feeding him his cereal with carrots and then we were all business. All of the clerks were charmed by him, even the ladies at The Limited who got me in an extra large fitting room so that his stroller would fit!

The best part of the day, though, was as I was feeding him again before we left and a little girl that was going up and down the escalators noticed him. She brought her grandma over to say hi and I learned that she was 2 1/2. Her name was Jacqueline and she just kept giving Luke hugs and kisses. So cute...

It is COLD and gray...I have been looking forward to going back to bed since I got up today so I am going to go feed Luke some veggies, play with him, eat dinner and hope for a restful night.

1 comment:

SIMPLY Sabens... said...

WOW 8 months! He is such a cutie!