Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Little chef


Luke is getting more and more interested in everything going on around him. It seems like each day he changes. Steve loves to get him up in the morning and I seem to hear "Luke you are bigger than your were last night" on a regular basis as he gets him up for the day :)

He is learning that his arms need to go up in order for someone to pick him up which is cool, and he is talking and tracking things more and more each day. I have noticed that he will look up more than he did even a couple of days ago and he just wants to soak up everything around him.

These pics are from yesterday. He helped me make some creamy orzo and baked chicken - and you can see that the shallots were holding his attention for a while. He gets really interested in what is going on in the different pans and seems to enjoy hearing me talk about each step of the process for whatever we are making.

Peace Corps used the motto "The toughest job you will ever love" as a motto years ago. I can't help but think that they borrowed that saying after hearing a mother or father say it. Parenting is intense - you deal with every possible emotion and always have this little person and his/her needs in your thoughts. I am seriously amazed at people that are able to have/manage several children.

We are really lucky to have a happy baby. There is real joy knowing that so far we are meeting his needs and keeping a smile on his face. I tell him our goal for him every night when I put him down - healthy & happy - keep those 2 H's going and life is good, little man. It is pretty easy for me to find something to complain about on any given day, but when I stop to think about having my health and my family around me I realize the other stuff just doesn't really matter as much. Life is good....

1 comment:

Jen said...

You are so right about that. I feel so lucky that Lucas is healthy and my family is healthy. Sometimes when you start to sweat the little stuff, you have to check yourself and realize that those piddley things don't matter.
He is so cute! We have to get these two together soon. Any trips planned for STL?