Sunday, August 17, 2008

Grandma knows best


Daddy is in charge of Luke's daily cereal intake. He gets a tablespoon of cereal with some breastmilk mixed in once a day. Lately, it has become a battle of wills between Luke and Daddy. Either he is too hungry to wait for that darn spoon to make it back to his mouth, or he is just not into eating the stuff. Steve does a really great job, though, of working with him and getting the job done. Both grandmas have mentioned adding some kind of fruit to the mix to make it a little more tasty so yesterday as I observed the daily war of the wills, I cut up a small piece of peeled apple, blended it up with some water and added a spoonful of 'apple juice' to the cereal. It helped at least a little and Luke ate a little bit
better!

Another step on the road to independent
eating. I am a bit of a nervous nelly about what Luke will eat when, and have no problem putting food off. Less mess, less preservatives and other junk going in his body and he is happy and healthy now so we'll just keep on keeping on! I will be blending up a batch of the apple juice, though, to continue adding...thanks grandma(s)!

1 comment:

Jen said...

I am totally with you on the food and perservatives in it. I make all my baby food with organic fruit and veggies. I have the book SuperFoods, it has alot of recipes. Lucas loves the food, it has more flavor then the stuff you buy!