Thursday, August 7, 2008

Feeling like his old self


Yesterday was a check-up/shot day. Luke did really well. We were there for about 45 minutes, and he was really patient until the appt. was nearly over. As the doctor checked him out, he even asked me if Luke is always so happy. Yeah -so far, so good - he is a cool little guy :) Anyway, he had had enough by the time I had to hold his hands so that his ears could be checked out and let everyone know it. The shots were last, he survived - those just suck - thank goodness we had the same nice nurse as last time. She gets the job done QUICKLY. We have just chilled yesterday and today. He had a little fever last night and today but when he woke up at 4:00 today he was smiling so that was a real treat. Grandma Jackie came by to get him to smile and it worked for a little bit...Grandma Susan is back in town so he is bound to get a good dose of lovin' from her soon too!


So tonight he ate and ate and ate and I finally put him down with sweet dream wishes, but he isn't having it. Steve is walking him around now and I am going to nurse him some more - what a doll - I just had to get this shot on here of him looking at me once I got him out of his crib and put him in the bouncy chair. "Mom, what the h#$@ were you thinking - that I would go to sleep???" I love the attitude in his eyes - still just adorable...Steve just nailed it and said that Luke reminds him of Stewie from The Family Guy right now - if only he could tell Star what he was really thinking.

Last pic is of the dogs last night - I guess watching over Luke after the doc got the best of them...Steve thought we might have to sleep in the extra room!

Life is good, and we are thankful.

No comments: