Friday, August 22, 2008

Five Months Old

Five months ago Luke was in the hospital with a feeding tube, I was in a daze from magnesium and other meds and Steve was taking care of both of us in between runs home to walk the dogs and take a shower. WOW! Look at him now...


What a kid! I am not sure how many times a day I hear myself or Steve say that...I took Steve some lunch today and some friends from school came out to visit. One woman made a joke about Luke's thighs and said it is a good thing he is a boy because they are big and meaty. He started crying like he was totally offended that she would comment on his thighs. I think he was hungry, but it was pretty great timing on his part.


We had some fun on a rainy day today playing on the floor and taking lots of pictures. He was thinking about giving me a kiss here...

Maybe it is the new age or maybe it is the fact that we turned our AC on again after a 2 week lovely break for fresh air in the house, but Luke slept from 10-7 last night. I woke up and didn't realize my boobs could get that big - yikes. I have a whole new respect for women with large chests. They make everything different, from sleep to exercise - why do women get breast implants?
Uncle Glenn is coming over tonight! That will be fun. Luke will get an update on the Red Sox and their chances for getting the wildcard at the end of the season.

I should really do something around the house now, but I have been saying that all week. Thank goodness I married a man that knew before we said our vows that housework is not something for which I will ever win an award. I can keep the place pretty tidy, but there seems to always be a tumbleweed of dog hair roaming around somewhere. The dogs make life better so whatever...as my wonderful friend Lesley says there are houses we (meaning owners of big dogs) visit and enjoy (meaning really clean houses) - and houses we live in :) I really am going to go clean out the dishwasher now. This has been one mess of an entry.

Happy 38th anniversary to Gma Susan and Gpa Paul! Not only are they still married, you can tell that they still really love each other - Awesome!

No comments: