Friday, March 27, 2009

A year ago...

...I was getting a little rest in between running to visit Luke at the hospital/getting my brain wrapped around the fact that I was a MOM (yikes!) and I got a call. The Nurse practitioner in the unit called and said that Luke was ready to come home!!!! We were not expecting the call on that Thursday so it was a big thrill to hear the news. Steve met me at the hospital for a seemingly endless array of info/steps before we were discharged. I will always remember him showing up with a big smile on his face and his pink shirt on (it WAS a Thursday).

Woo! Hoo! That news was what we had been waiting to hear for days (yes, he had a short stay at the hospital and we were very thankful for that.) The nurses were/are so wonderful and I still think of them with a smile. They taught me a LOT in a few days and were SOOOOO good to Luke. Nurses are really special people :)

I just rocked Luke to sleep for his nap and I held him a while longer than usual. The year has gone quickly & I am so thrilled/fortunate to be a part of his happy and healthy life. Here is a picture of him sleeping for the first time in his crib and also of him last night on the way to swim class. Wow! On that note, he was a wild man in the water last night - kicking, smiling, putting his face in, even playing ball with another baby boy (they each just kept grabbing the same ball away from each other)

1 comment:

steetoa said...

Happy 1st birthday to Luke! They grow up so fast.

Luke and my new nephew almost share the same birthday - Emmett's is on the 20th. Remember Big and Little Emmett from the 'Corps days?! haha