Wednesday, March 11, 2009

you might love your kid if...

....you put over 20 pictures up in one post. What can I say, we had a whirlwind weekend and I love to take his picture...view on :)

pre-trip I just love that booty in the air!

going through mom's purse for stuff to chew on - major teething going on again (or as usual poor guy) He woke up at 4am with a fever Saturday but he isn't sick I believe the teeth are to blame

This hotel room has lots to explore! The phone ended up on the floor. We are in Pontiac here where Steve's class was on Fri-Sat. Luke's first hotel visit went well.

I really want...

the orange one!

We watched the sunset together as I tried with no luck to open the hotel window. It was really warm on Friday so I was hoping for some fresh air while we slept...no such luck, but it was a pretty sunset

I got a shot of his handprints on the window. Love those...

Post-bath, playing with mommy on the great king bed! We ordered pizza and ate together. I ate, Luke rolled around and explored with crust in his hand.

Saturday morning. no more fever, just a happy babe ready for the day!

This bed is awesome!

Trip to the park in Pontiac. I got the car loaded, we ate breakfast, took a little drive, had lunch with Daddy, and headed to the park for some firsts. Like his first time swinging...he was pretty content.

And he was able to work on those teeth while I pushed the swing - multi-tasker, indeed!

Can you please just give me the camera, mom?

We went down a couple slides together which he liked, but he liked checking them out on his own more. Luke probably liked the other kids at the park the best. He was happy to hang out by mom and watch what the older kids were doing.

He would be a star in a baby yoga class

Don't forget to enjoy the swinging bridge experience. This is an attraction in Pontiac. There are at least 3 swinging bridges and we checked them out. The name is a little more exciting than the actual thing, but still, a cool idea and it was something to see/do. Pontiac is a small town (11,000) with a great community center and neat parks.

Luke is beyond thrilled to be going across the bridge. "Stop shaking it, mom!"

Finally out of my carseat and stroller. What is that over there? A duck, a boat.....

Got to Ellen's Saturday evening and completely enjoyed the visit. It was quick, but it was great! Pat, Laurie, Patrick, Melissa, Bob, Jerome, Peyton, Zack, Brant, Kaelen and Emma were all over at some point in the weekend for a visit which was such a treat. Steve and I loved seeing everyone and Luke was happy to take everyone/thing in...he is a quiet little guy that wants to figure stuff out before he jumps into the mix! He did enjoy...

...playing tea party with Princess Peyton!

check out those choppers

Luke and Daddy took a nap while -

I played a great game of monopoly with Zack, Ellen and Peyton (the banker) Good, good fun!

We did venture out for some fresh air on Sunday b/c it seemed to warm up a little. By the time we got out to the deck the wind had shifted again and we were bundled up. I love this shot of L with Aunt Ellen!

We really enjoyed the trip. It was great to see everyone. I thought Luke would sleep on the way home Sunday night - and he did - for about the final 45 minutes of the 5 hour trip! I held him in the back most of the time which was fine. He was really happy to get home. We saw the dogs, which made him smile, changed diaper and pj's got in the crib and he knocked out for 8 hours.

What a kid! Steve looked at me today and said, did we really not have the Lukinator 3 years ago? (our anniversary is Fri the 13th) I said we didn't even have him LAST year at this time! Luke has just made Steve and I really happy. We tell him lots that we are lucky to know him and it is icing on the cake to be his mom/dad.

Excuse my lack of proper puncutation and grammar in this post. It is almost midnight and I want to go to bed, but I also wanted to get these pics up here.

No comments: