Saturday, March 14, 2009

Spring flowers and celebrating

I am not a master gardener, but I am really proud that the bulbs I planted during Luke's naps or on nice days as he lay on the front porch watching me dig and plant made it up this spring. I just LOVE spring flowers.

They remind me of my dear Aunt Anne. She passed away over 5 years ago, but we used to take drives around southern Illinois in the spring looking for what she termed "the beauty" I might have a few blades of grass and even some weeds mixed in with the flowers but I think they still definitely qualify as some "beauty" I am pretty sure Aunt Anne is smiling :)



As I planted bulbs last fall, I was excited to see what would be blooming for Luke's first birthday. Now we are 8 days away....wow! We started the celebration early this week with a trip to the birthday night at The Jack Russell Fish Co. in Benton. Thanks mom and dad! We were celebrating our anniversary, too, but it is much more fun to watch Luke be serenaded by Birthday Bob!

Luke looks so grown up in this picture!

Doing the gma/gpa shuffle...

Hanging with mom while the restaurant sings Happy Birthday to all of the celebrants.

With the big Birthday Bob! Luke enjoyed the whole night - he even ate some red beans and rice! Working on eating more and getting less from a bottle. More teeth are coming, too. Geez...those teeth are constantly making their way through.


I liked his birthday beads!

Steve and I celebrated last night for our 3rd anniversary with dinner and the Terrier B-ball game (tough loss) Time flies when you are having fun and when you have married the man of your dreams! Life is good. Thanks to Gma/Gpa Susan and Paul for watching him last night. A full night's sleep was the best anniversary gift :)

1 comment:

Jen said...

He is so cute! Wow, I can't believe he is one already...I can't get over how fast time goes. I love every new minute with them.. and watching all the new things they do. When are we going to get together...I can't wait to see these two interact! We will be doing some traveling with out boat this year..Rend Lake is close to you isnt it? We will be going there some this summer..so maybe you guys can join us. Check your calender and lets maybe do a playday and a zoo trip soon. Looking forward to warm weather!