Tuesday, March 17, 2009

high fiving da da

Luke slept through the night last night and I am not talking 7-3 or 7-4 he made it 8:30-7:00. I high-fived Steve this morning when the alarm went off and Luke was just starting to stir. The previous two nights had been awful so this was a great relief. And, yes, I know that just by posting this I have cursed the next 3 nights - at least. Whatever, one good night's sleep and suddenly I am optimistic again.

He is standing at the living room windows alternating between beating up a balloon tied to his toy basket and pounding on the windows while he says da da over and over. As Gma Susan says, he is full of "da da" It is really cute. I will say ma ma and he just smiles and says "da da" louder.

He is also getting closer every minute to taking those first steps. I think he did take a couple Sunday night with Steve and my parents, but they all kind of said he didn't really walk b/c I think they want me to see him do it for the first time :) I don't think he cares who sees him, he is just READY!

He is really good at bending to pick things up (anyone familiar with the triangle pose out of warrior in yoga? he is a pro at that!) and when he does fall, he hits hit padded bottom which is good.

Another new thing is putting him to bed. He will roll over like normal and then STAND UP and talk or cry out in frustration for a while. Last night he was mad for a while, then I went to check him and he was laying across the crib widthwise with his head pushed against the bars. I took the bumper down b/c he can use it to climb up and I don't want to find him outside of the crib :) It is just funny to see him walking around in his crib.

We are going to go enjoy some cream of wheat, eggs and watermelon now. It is a STUNNINGLY beautiful day and I see a trip to Kinkaid in our future.

No comments: