Thursday, March 19, 2009

Let the structured activities begin!

Great day...Luke slept well, we got ready quickly and without incident this morning and I got to WORK on time (well 8 minutes late...but who's counting AND I called to let the school know!). Yeah - WORK! I am working at my former internship site with my wonderful mentor, Jackie, once a week for the rest of the school year. She has a wonderful project for me, I am going to get to know and work with lots of great students and it just feels great to be using another part of my brain for a little bit each week.

I was really excited to pick Luke up this afternoon, too! He had a great day with Gma Susan and Gpa Paul and he was all smiles sitting on Gma's lap when I got to their house. I have said it at least 100 times, but he is really lucky to have all four of his grandparents near. It is truly wonderful to see them together!

We got home and had a fun visit with Daddy. Luke was thrilled to see his dad (so was I) We talked about our days, Luke had some snacks and then we put on our swim gear and headed to the community center for Luke's first swim class! It was pretty fun to have an evening activity, and Luke warmed up to the class by the time it was over :)

He is not a kid that dives into the middle of the party. He really takes everything in, looks around, gets a handle on what is going on around him and THEN he is ready for whatever life brings. The class was 30 minutes, and he was smiling, kicking and splashing in my arms - 20 minutes into class :) He did great, though, and I think he will enjoy the next few weeks of class.

He just started crying so I am going to go see what is going on in that crib (it is almost 10, he has been asleep since 8?!) It was another stunningly beautiful day here today - trees are popping, flowers are blooming and it is wonderful to just take in...crying stopped, thanks for helping out, George.

No comments: