Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Rainy weather, Paint and High Temperatures

Warning - There are no cute pictures of Luke on this post, just me kind of complaining/rambling...

The weather is gross right now...two days of rain and it was cold today. I have had enough and would really like Spring to show up for real. I hope this means it will be warm until at least November.

The painter has gotten two rooms done in the house. He is awesome and does a great job. The humidity hasn't helped his progress, but what he has gotten done is really nice. It will be nice to open the windows if it does warm up tomorrow so that the paint fumes are gone sooner than later. I spent the night at my mom's last night to avoid the primer smell.

Continuing on my positive rant, Luke still has a fever. He has had one for more than two days now. What part of the universe allows babies to suffer with fever due to four molars coming in at once - or for any reason. Give me a break.

He is working hard to be his normal smiling self but really just wants to be held and cuddled. That is actually the only good part of this. I am really enjoying all of the snuggles and all of the time he has spent resting on me while I rub his back. We were up for quite a while last night (this morning actually) while he repeatedly fell asleep only to wake up shrieking minutes later. When he did find comfort and was able to sleep it was snuggled up tight against me with my arm under his body. My arm was asleep two hours later when we woke for the day and I loved it.

We did go to the doctor today and he confirmed that the fever is coming from the teeth. That was a relief (and kind of a validation of mom & dad's intuition) and he tested negative for strep (another relief) so we are just going to watch the temp, give him lots of love and keep him hydrated and happy.

I have been repeatedly thankful that my parents live blocks away. We have spent the day there the past two days to get out of the painter's way and it has been really nice. Clean house, quiet house, lots of fun things to watch out of the windows, etc...I think of it as our vacation home! ha :)

First Moms on a Mission meeting last night - Success! Cool! Fun! Exciting!

Steve saved a Basset Hound named Daisy from getting hit on a busy road tonight. Lucky Daisy. Awesome Steve. Life IS good

No comments: