Sunday, April 26, 2009

gardening and golf

Mom and I spent a lot of today working in our yards - mom did a LOT more than I did -and Dad and Steve played golf together at the booster golf scramble. We all seemed to have a fun day. Luke helped me out for a while and Steve came home with some Adirondack chairs that they had as a silent auction item. I have admired these chairs in years past and Steve said they are my Mother's Day gift :) It is Steve's b-day week so Luke and I will be trying to spoil him every day. Feels like summer here in s. Illinois and that is a goooooooood thing!
His play spot while I worked on a new little garden. Steve brought the balloons home for Luke after prom last night. He was excited to show them to Luke this morning and Luke was thrilled to play with them and watch them blow in the breeze - I mean WIND - it was really windy here today!
Yeah - he likes animal crackers and he is not afraid to show it!
On the move...nothing like outdoor furniture for helping you get around
happy mama, sweet baby boy
Right after Steve got home tonight. He had the chairs out by the time I got back from walking and Dad hung out for a bit. Yeah - a picture of all 5 of us! Thanks, Dad! Thanks, Steve!
Gpa getting a big silly grin out of Luke. He loves to laugh with Gpa Nick :)
Little love between these two? I think so...
Lovey for Gpa.

I took the dogs out with Luke for a walk this evening and before we left we stopped for a visit with a neighbor. She has a 16 month old named Kathryn and Luke just kept laying his head on her giving her lovin'. It was precious. When he tried to love on her mom, though, Kathryn pushed him away which was even more precious!

I also made pasta with olives which is my favorite, and I was very proud of the fact that my kiddo was totally into black olives. I thinkhe ate more of the pasta than I did - total chowhound these days. It is fun to feed him!

No comments: