Monday, April 27, 2009

I am lucky because...

...my amazing parents celebrated 35 years of marriage today! Yes, I am not mistaken THIRTY FIVE YEARS MARRIED! There really aren't many of those anymore - and they still like each other...here's to 35 more!

...I am this little boy's mom
...Luke slept well last night and I was up before he was. It gave me a few minutes this morning to snuggle with Steve before having to go, go, go. Loved it!
...it was a beautiful day. The wind died down, the sun was out for a while, it rained gently for a bit, and it is just awesome to have the windows open and nice spring air in the house.
...Luke totally helped me with a couple of projects today: stringing CD's to the garden border to try and eliminate some of the deer visitors and cutting info cards for my moms group. He danced on the cd's and he crumbled all of the info card paper. Somehow, it was still more enjoyable with his help.
...we attended a trial Wiggles and Tunes class today and Luke made more new friends while singing, dancing and playing instruments. This is a VERY COOL class for little kids. We will start a new session next week!
...I got a ton of errands done this morning and Luke was a trooper through it all. He ate bits of apple throughout all of the stops and just enjoyed seeing what was going on around him. He also learned that the candy at the grocery checkout is just right for him to grab a Payday as I try to sign my receipt.
...He also let me know he was done at Mailboxes, etc...when he just started crawling out of the store (the door was open to the sidewalk outside) as I attempted to use the paper cutter. Yeah, I got one side of one page cut and we were out of there.
...Steve told me what he would like to eat for his birthday dinner! Yeah! Steve is so easygoing that he would eat anything so for him to actually request something makes me really excited to cook it for him.
...Luke walked around for 15 minutes throwing everything out of his crib and talking to himself before collapsing with his booty in the air for a nap today. So funny!
...we have great neighbors. Meg brought us some extra bananas from their shopping today and Luke flirted with her like crazy. I think the two of them are a little bit in love.
...I get to write a short column about being a mom for the Mother's Day edition of a local paper.
...Luke loves his plush hedgehog. I student got it for him when he was first born and now he just rolls all over it, bites the nose, hugs it, bites the nose again, etc...
...I got to watch Luke play with his bath toys and splash around even as the water ran out of the tub because he pulled the plug. He ended up sitting in bubbles looking around like 'what happened here?'
...I am sitting in a quiet house enjoying replaying the day and thinking about having some chocolate pudding (I have recently discovered pudding made with whole milk...whole new world)
...Luna just came in and laid down by me. She will always be my #1 girl.
...I am Steve's wife
...I am going to go get a bowl of that pudding ;)

No comments: