Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Last post

Hey 2008 - You have been a remarkable year! Here is a big smile for you :)


We went to my mom's for a while this morning b/c our furnace shut off last night and we woke up to a 55 degree house! Luke and I were snuggled under lots of blankets together (last night was horrendous sleep wise - teething, gas, whatever) so Steve noticed the brrrrr factor first. He actually fixed the problem, too! Man of many talents :)

It is chilly today, but the past few days have been amazingly warm. Mom and I took Luke and the dogs on a hike yesterday morning which was really nice. We all enjoyed soaking up some sun and being comfortable outdoors. I even played tennis yesterday(12/30) OUTSIDE! woo hoo and Steve golfed with my dad...it was great!


What are you doing, mom? How about giving me another bite of fruit?


Here is his new talent (besides clapping a lot on his own which is really cute) He will strip the toilet paper off of the roll and enjoy every second of it. If you are at our house anytime soon, there will likely be a big ball of TP in the place of the roll. I don't want to waste the paper he unrolls!

I just liked this picture of the girls after Christmas Day...they have loved all of the nice weather, too. Lots of long walks, car rides and fun with the family. Dogs make life better.


Break has been really good. It is always nice to have so much time with Steve and our families. We have been rotating the night duty so I am going to go into shock when he goes back to work and I am getting up most nights again. I think tonight when he does his wonderfully fun midnight-ish wakeup I am going to grab a bottle of champagne and just start chugging. That should make being up when I really don't want to be so much more enjoyable.

Cheers to a wonderful 2009. My hope is for continued health and happiness for the family and, to be honest, I really hope Luke starts sleeping through the night sometime in the coming year...that gives him a pretty wide window

No comments: