Friday, December 12, 2008

Friday Fun!

I need to start by saying that Friday Fun really starts with a good night's sleep on Thursday. Luke slept from 9pm - 8am. Yes...even typing that feels funny, but it is true. What an awesome kid! I think Steve was worried b/c he went in to check on him before he left for work and came in to tell me that he was still knocked out...we are NOT used to this, BUT we can get used to it anytime Luke wants us to :)

I put Luke on the 'dog couch' for a minute while I switched laundry. He had enough time to discover and become enthralled with Star's tail. She could have cared less, of course. Star was born to be around babies. Luna, on the other hand, enjoys the fact that Luke drops crackers, spills yogurt, etc...but other than that, she could really do without. He keeps trying to win her over, though, so we will see.


I am looking forward to a Christmas party tomorrow with the wonderful women that I play tennis with in Paducah. Some of us are playing in the morning, and then getting together afterwards for fun. I am taking cookies, so this morning made them with Luke and the dogs all trying to get as close to me as possible. Luke wanted to know what the heck I was doing, and the dogs just wanted me to drop some dough.

I held Luke for a while and he got a kick out of seeing me crack the eggs, use the mixer, etc...but the real hit of the day was my wonderful apron. I got this apron while in Spain with my Peace Corps pal, Becca. It is a flamenco design, so you can see the wonderful ruffles and colorful dots all over. I haven't kept a lot of things from my PC days, but this is just too good to get rid of and now that Luke gets a kick out of it, I will be breaking it out of the closet even more. I might even have to dance once in a while.

1 comment:

steetoa said...

That's awesome! I've still got mine with the lady-bug colors (black circles on red) and I don't take it out nearly enough. :) Perfect for kids!