Friday, December 5, 2008

After 37 weeks, the dairy is closed


I am not nursing anymore. The timing is good since I am spending the weekend in Louisville for a tennis tournament, and he will be getting only bottles anyway. I have enough milk stored for him to transition instead of going straight to formula, and he could really care less as long as he gets fed when he is hungry! Luke was an awesome nurser & I am thrilled that we made it this long!

He slept through the night Sunday and that is the last time this week...I think my supply has been low lately so he is genuinely hungry in the middle of the night and his top two teeth are trying to make their way through. You can tell from the next couple of pictures that the night wakings are really taking a toll on him...oh wait...that is me! Ugh!

I was up last night just irritated and wondering how I could get some solid sleep...admittance to the hospital, running away from home, heavy sedation? None of those are good options, but you get my stage of desperation. I know that there are TONS of people more sleep deprived, etc...and this isn't a complaint about my life. I am BEYOND BLESSED but I am much more able to appreciate my blessings with AT LEAST 6 hours of uninterrupted sleep. Some day...

Thanks to Steve for getting up the second time last night to feed Luke. Husbands/dads don't get any better than Steve. I am esp. lucky he doesn't want to divorce me after my middle of the night tantrums :)

Anyway, here are some shots of our happy little guy. He loves playing with his books, which Steve and I think is super cool. I read to him when he is in the bath b/c it is the best time for him to listen without trying to eat the book AND it adds to bathtime fun. He is doing a new smile now, too. It is really big and he scrunches up his face. It might be a side effect of teething, but it is super cute.


2 comments:

steetoa said...

Good for you, Erinn! You *WAY* surpassed how long most American women breast feed, and I salute you! :) Your gift to Luke is huge - he'll appreciate it even more when he's older. (Honest to God, everyone around me is getting sick now and I only have slight sniffles. That b-milk is the nectar of the immune system gods. I'm not sure how my mom did almost 2 years...) Have a great weekend!

Jen said...

I second that, give yourself a pat on the back. I hear ya with the sleep deprivation. Lucas has a cold/cough and sleep has been rough around her too. He is a doll!