Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Happy Bugaboo to me!


My Christmas came in the form of an ebay auction that I won - my first in about 10 years. I really like to look at and talk to Luke when he is in a stroller but 99% of them have the child facing out/away from the 'driver' when they are seated. I also recently read an article saying that children facing people in the stroller learn more from the interaction that they get - duh! - So....there is a brand of strollers that you can put the seat either way called Bugaboo. They are really well made and also really expensive so I tried my luck and got a used one for a good price.

I can see how people get addicted to ebay - I was excitedly counting down the last few seconds of the auction ready to bid whatever it took to win - ha - luckily people don't really like used strollers b/c I was the only bid. It didn't come with a manual so Steve and I had to use the internet and some of his engineering skills to get it into working position.

I spent some fun time tonight racing around the house with Luke laughing his head off...This thing can handle sand/trails/gravel etc...it has insanely wonderful shock absorbers...Spring hiking - here we come!




The other pic is Luke's chubby little legs attached to his new 'shoes' - they are called Robeez - leather booties that keep his feet warm and don't show the dirt as much as his white socks.

Good day today - visits with Gpa Paul, Nick and Gma Jackie. Trip to the mall, little hike with the dogs and a date with my fam at the Flyway - Luke was flirting HARDCORE with the waitresses...really, I think Steve has given him lessons already :)

1 comment:

steetoa said...

Look at those thighs! I love it.

My psycho brother-in-law once bought a car off ebay. It was legit and worked out pretty well. He's had good experiences with it (his a(#munchness set aside).

What a great purchase!