Friday, February 12, 2010

Love is in the air

and in the rice krispies!
Playdate today had a Valentine theme so we took these treats and our valentines to share. Luke was happy hanging with the other kids (there are lots of boys about a year older than him so he soaks up a lot from them) and all of the cool toys at a different house for a couple of hours. Towards the end he walked up to me with his arms up and laid on my shoulder which I took as our cue to hit the road. Before this, however, we did exchange valentines (I 'played' Luke since he was busy with the train table) and one of the kids shared heart suckers. Luke ate his on my lap, then left to play for a little bit. A mom soon came out to let me know that he was trying to grab all of the other suckers out of kids' mouths and eat them. Is is really wrong that I find a lot of humor in this story? Happy Valentine's Day Weekend. Share some love!




P.S When we got home, I cleaned all of the sugar residue off of Luke's hands and face. I asked him to pick out a book to read which was 10 Apples Up On Top. We read it in a different room, so I asked him if he would like to read some more in his room and he said "YEAH" clear as a bell...it was a moment.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Who needs sweets for Valentine's Day when you have the "Loving Luke" in your life! What a sweetie pie! YEAH!!!!!

Love, Silly Grandma