Saturday, February 27, 2010

Dreams do come true

A dream of Luke's these days is waking up to an entire collection of life size construction equipment sitting in our house - or in our yard at the very least.

We can't quite make that happen, but we can stop on our way home from the store and (trespass) meet a trackhoe up close and personal. It was parked right on the side of the road and I thought it was worth the chance!

We only stayed for a few minutes and most of those minutes he stood there staring at this fascinating object as if it appeared out of a dream!

We were also able to find a small remote control backhoe at the store so he is building quite a collection of CAT products :) This is just a tiny example of the way a babe enhances life...smile if you see a bulldozer today!





The rest of this post is dedicated to my husband.

I had a childhood book called "Goose Goofs Off" that is part of a 26 book Sweet Pickles series. Each letter of the alphabet is dedicated to the lead character of each book. For example, "Who took Alligator's Shoe" or "No Kicks for Dog" etc...A-Z.

I love these books because they create this sweet little animal world and there is a map of where all of the animals live, shop, work, etc...in each book. Very cute.

I know that I had more than one of these when I was little, but only Goose survived all these years. I looked for some new copies to get the series for Luke, but they are out of print :( Well, I mentioned this to Steve and explained how cute the books are etc...a couple of months ago. Steve listened quietly like he normally does and we didn't talk about it again.

Yesterday, though, he mentioned that he had some investment books coming in the mail and he came home for lunch to find the box of books sitting on the counter. He opened the box a little and then let Luke start taking the contents and bubble wrap out of the box. I finished getting a salad ready for Steve and looked over at Luke playing with a stack of colorful books. What?????

Steve found the whole series and now they are in our living room and I am laughing as I work through each letter because they really aren't award winning books, but I treasure them and I treasure the fella that chose me to be his lady!



Steve, you make dreams come true, and Luke and I are are so lucky to be part of your life. Love you.

1 comment:

Shannon said...

What a guy!!! I miss Sweet Pickles!