Thursday, February 11, 2010

Banana picker


Luke woke up for a long time with repeated calls for DADDY. I didn't ever mind this, as it allowed me to stay in bed for a few more minutes, and really, isn't Steve a better choice for who you want to see first thing in the morning or post-nap?!

Well, things have changed recently, and Luke is really insistent that MOMMY is the one that he deals with first thing in the morning. If Steve gets him up, he marches into our bedroom, grabs my hand, drags me out of bed, and marches me into the kitchen so that I can hand him a banana and get him a cup of juice. Steve told me today that Luke PUSHED HIM OUT OF THE BANANA AREA because he just wasn't capable of accepting one from Daddy. I had the gall to use the restroom before getting to the kitchen and I am lucky I haven't been locked out of the house today.

The overall point of this is that I am pretty thrilled that Luke likes to be around me and I will get up with a smile (it might be a grin depending on the time he gets up) and give him his breakfast every day. We did enjoy some oatmeal Gpa Nick style today.

We also made three loaves of delicious bread. Luke is quite the mixer. He was honing his pouring skills between bowls and just having the time of his life.


It just came out of the oven and I have already eaten 2 slices...YUM! So cool to watch the yeast just grow and grow...

The sun is out today, and if Luke gets up before the sun sets we will be going out together to walk the dogs. He is hungry for outdoor time, just like his mama.

No comments: