Thursday, December 10, 2009

Sick + Development

I am a big believer in sleep and calories when you don't feel well...so this week when Steve was home 2 days feeling under the weather, I made a couple kinds of soup and purple rice krispie treats. You can see that the treats were a favorite of both boys. The real hit, to be honest, was Gma Susan's lasagna...that will cure anything :)
sick Steve getting some comfort from the girls...they LOVE our bed in the winter.
On an entirely different note, I need to share a couple of Luke stories b/c I feel like I don't always mention neat new things that he is doing. Such as...
-reading Christmas letters as they arrive (Becca - he really liked the picture of Yasmine)



-signing 'more' unprompted when he needed more of whatever we are eating:)
-bringing me the tube of cream I use for diaper rash when he knew he needed it...poor thing we are battling some diaper rash right now and he is just a tough little guy
-nodding yes when I asked him yesterday if he wanted to go to Gma's house. I did that a few times b/c it was just so cute!
-problem solving multiple step situations while his dad and I watch with wonder and ask ourselves how on earth we were blessed with such an amazing kid (am I biased? Yes! Is he still amazing? Yes!)
-climbing in the shower with me today fully clothed, and proceeding to plug the tub so that he could take a bath. At the end, he pulled the plug and waved 'bye bye' to the water.

I love Luke more everyday...what a cliche, but again, totally a true one! Happy weekend.

1 comment:

steetoa said...

That's so cute! They may be bff some day. :)