Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Events

Today, December 2nd:

745am: growled because Luke bit me (HARD) 5 minutes after he got up
8am: blushed over being a finalist for a monthly letter to the editor contest in the local paper
10am:nice surprise visit from Gpa Paul. He saw me in my robe (I had showered at least) and saw our house in disarray. He loves us anyway :)
11-1:shopped for a few things at the mall before turning Luke loose on the rides and at the toy store. Met another mom named Erin with a March 2008 baby boy that was also in the NICU...planned to get together sometime so that they can play! Also found a great kitchen set for Gma Jackie to surprise Luke with for Christmas and got his stocking stuffers. lots of fun
1:30-3:30pm - Power cleaned, mopped, dusted, did laundry, re-organized our pantry shelves...all for a house that desperately needed it and is happy to be clean.
4:30pm went out to get a quick b-day present for my dad and try to get a gift for a friend I was meeting for dinner at 5.
4:45pm dad's present in my purse, headed to another store and got rear-ended.
5:10pm show up at Quatro's for pizza and enjoy the first sip of cold beer after a rattling 20 minutes. So glad I was alone, in our older vehicle and that there wasn't any injuries. the guy that hit me had been in an accident MINUTES before hitting me and was flustered as h*ll...
6:45 - left a very fun dinner with my mentor-extraordinaire J'ke and her husband Charlie - who Luke adored - and watched the last half of the freshman basketball game at CCHS. The best line of the night was Charlie (a teacher) saying he could tell that Luke had people around him working with him and teaching him well -I gave all the credit to his grandparents :) - Luke really liked the game
8pm - dropped my boys off and went to my mom's for a visit - fun! Have I ever mentioned how much I love that my mom and dad live 2 miles from me? It is a blessing.
8:45 - played with Luke as he tried to play fetch with our wild dogs wrestling in the living room
9:15pm enjoyed having Luke run out to me repeatedly as Daddy tried to put him to bed. Got lots of kisses.
9:30pm ate a piece of cake and talked to my favorite person about our day. Love that.
10:15 went to fill dog bowls and noticed a leak coming from our furnace closet...yippee...call steve to fix it and go take a shower. Cleaned up wet towels, etc...congratulated my husband on fixing (fingers crossed) the problem and decided I needed to write about this day.

It was a good day, with a little wackiness thrown in and sometimes it just feels good to write it all down. At least I put a picture of Luke on here so that none of the 3 people that read this can be upset with me :)

Wonder what tomorrow will bring? I hope a happy happy birthday for the best dad I could have ever dreamed up!

No comments: