Monday, October 12, 2009

Quota

October 12, 2009

Dear Luke,

You fell this afternoon at the start of a hike with Gma Jackie, me and your dogs. We were sooo upset for you because I really think that you have met your quota for bumping your head and I feel just awful that it happened again. I love your enthusiasm for nature and being outside and your independent spirit. I struggle not to hold your hand every second b/c I am fearful that your wonderful noggin is going to take you down again. You are such a wonderful and joyful little boy and I just love you so much. I am very sorry that you fell today, and I was again so impressed with your trooper spirit as you dealt with us rushing to the visitor center to get ice, putting said ice on your head against your wishes and then still going for a hike b/c we all know being surrounded by nature and beauty will help you heal. You even were smiling and having fun by the time we got on the trail. Actually, you even helped me get some burrs off of Luna! My little helper. I promise to keep holding your hand when you reach for it, sweetpea, and I am also very confident that your head, even if it seems big and heavy now, is going to come in handy as you grow up. Let's work together to protect it, and maybe this will be the last post that talks about a bump on the head :) You really have met your quota.

Love you, Mommy

P.S Gma Jackie provided some magical help today...thanks for that. She has asked that you not fall in front of her again, though, because it breaks her heart. Deal?


No comments: