Friday, October 2, 2009

Fall





It is cooling down, the humidity is gone, and the sun is setting sooner. We are loving the fall weather and the beauty of the changing seasons, and this adorable little boy.

P.S. The three larger pumpkins came from our own backyard pumpkin patch!

Updated Edit - my posts are mostly cheerly and happy b/c life is cheery and happy around here 99% of the time. Today has been kind of annoying, though, and not for any reason that I can pinpoint. Maybe it is Luke's obsession with trying to claw my face and neck off with his bare hands any chance he gets or just that I feel like I have a lot to do before hosting a tiny party tomorrow. I keep telling myself to get over it and that seems to be working pretty well because the truth is all IS well, it is just one of those days.

So...here are a few things that are great about today: the several moments that Luke let me hold him while we walked the dogs and he snuggled close so that I could sing to him (broken up by him looking at me, smiling and trying to tear the skin off of my face and neck...seriously, what is that about?), it is really beautiful today, I am looking forward to having a few friends over with their little ones (ages 0-3)tomorrow. It is Friday, which means a football game and some time with my hubby. whoosh, I feel better. Thanks, blog, for listening. Now I am going to go make some cake balls (have fun imagining what the heck those are!)

1 comment:

Jen said...

Love the pumpkins and mums. I need to plant some this weekend.
I hear you on having those days where you just get a little annoyed. Hearing you talk about Luke and his clawing made me laugh because just this morning when we left work out class Lucas did not want to get in the car and grabbed my cheek and pinched and clawed me, so maybe it is just a boy thing. Have fun with the party.