Sunday, February 22, 2009

11 Months


Standing up! How do I do this walking thing, mom?

I little mechanic work in the morning...

He maneuvered his way from the couch to his car this morning. Does he look proud of his hard work or what?

I went to make sure he was covered up this morning during his nap and walked in to see this..Where is Luke?! The side of his face was uncovered so I just put another blanket over his bottom half.

Laughing with Luke while I try to pry the phone back from his grip.

What? Can it possible be true that 4 weeks from now Luke will be celebrating his first birthday? Absolutely incredible!

We have had a great weekend. Spent lots of time with friends and family. Friday, Steve worked a game so I enjoyed my dad's homemade pizza which was delicious! Luke and I enjoyed the evening at Gma's and he slept really well Friday night which started the weekend off right:)

Saturday, Gma Susan and Gpa Paul came by for a nice visit (Thanks for the K-Cup drinks!) before their trip to DC.

Saturday, we had Franciene and Andy over for some friendly Wii competition. It was a few hours of pretty much non-stop laughing. Luke was AWESOME during the visit he just did his thing, enjoyed the company, watched us act goofy while playing games and had fun watching Franny and Andy.


Loving being held my Franny. They became fast friends...

Andy wasn't quite sure about holding a baby, but Luke was pretty comfy.

What are you guys doing...watching us bowl. He was happy to be in the middle of the action most of the time -

- he did take a break to the play pen with his bottle. It didn't last long but it was cute to check him out just chilling while he chugged.

Steve did the bedtime routine so that I could meet a couple of friends later Saturday night and it was nice to catch up with them. I was still home by 10...my late nights are pretty much over, I think!

Today has been great. Cold, but sunny. We went to Harbaugh's and Luke ate half of my blueberry pancake (no syrup) some banana that they kindly cut up for him and some eggs. He also enjoyed our traditional biscuits and gravy appetizer. He was great at the restaurant. He just loves to watch everything happening around him and it always really happy to be out in the world. After breakfast he helped Daddy get a new pair of shoes and really enjoyed tearing all of the paper in the shoe box to shreds.

We are off for a drive and to see if my parents are home so that we can harass them for a bit...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love, love, love the Murphy's. Luke is an amazing little guy. I think you get the mom of the year award!!

Franny