Monday, December 13, 2010

Extended weekend and a bad word

This has been a wonderful weekend! It is Monday and we have a snowday so it is a surprise three day weekend which is a wonderful treat! This morning Luke got in bed with me, snuggled for a while, looked at me and said "I love you" (smiles all around)

Saturday I got out in the morning with my mom to shop and we actually found things that we wanted! Plus, I came home with a receipt that made me laugh b/c of the 'savings' on the bill. I always want to dissect receipts to see how much money I 'saved' and Steve always laughs at me.

Steve took Luke for a Gma Susan and Gpa Paul fix while I was out. My favorite part of hearing about his morning was when he said he got into a discussion about saving the world with his dad and time passed and he hadn't heard Luke for a while but all of a sudden he heard 'more ice cream, please'. Luke and Gma had been sharing a feast of colby cheese, spaghetti and meatballs, Italian bread and of course ice ream for dessert while Steve and Gpa talked and talked...cute! Luke also got to talk to Aunt Shannon while he was visiting so that was a total bonus!

Yesterday, my adorable and adoring husband had to work in his office all day on a paper that was due this morning and which he had procrastinated like it was his job. So...while it snowed and while the wind got windier and colder, Luke and I played, ate, read, played, cooked, laughed, ate, tried chocolate milk and played some more. It was a WONDERFUL day! The only time I changed clothes was after a hot bath while Luke napped and I put on a new set of PJ's! YES! Here is a shot of Luke with a snack of popcorn and choc. milk. The other is of him eating pasta and pizza while checking on the Steelers score.
The Steelers and and Lions (!) won yesterday, too!

Around 7pm, Luke said out of the blue 'want Daddy home' so we called Daddy and he was home (and done with the paper!) within an hour. He even brought Luke's request, a cheeseburger, with him. I am out a bit this morning delivering goodies to Luke's school and getting some groceries and then back home to my house that has become a huge playland with toys everywhere. I love snowdays.

Last thing, Saturday night I got annoyed at Steve when we were at my parents house and said 'you piss me off' Steve was laughing about it and annoying me more because he knows that I am never actually mad but immediately Luke says CLEAR AS A BELL 'piss me off' about three times in a row. I fell on the couch laughing and Luke came over and kissed me. He never said it again and I know I can't say those things around him, but is was actually really amusing.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If I didn't know better, I would swear Star was watching the tv in the last picture you posted the way she is sitting. That's funny!