Saturday, July 11, 2009

Pictures

A quick Luke story and then lots of recent photos that I just adore.

The other day one of the girls' new dog toys ended up under Luke's little table. I asked him to find Luna's toy and bring it to her so he toddled over, crawled under, retrieved the toy and threw it (yeah he can throw pretty darned well!) at Luna. It was just a moment that I wanted to remember.

Tomorrow is my b-day! I will be 26 - oh wait 32! - yikes! I am in the middle of a fortunate life and I am so thankful.

Luke (Steve) got me a new brain game for the DS which Steve is now playing as he sits here next to me. Just a sidenote in the past few years, my b-day or Christmas presents have been the DS, Wii, WiiFit, and each one of them become Steve's favorite thing for a while...I love giving him a hard time about that (and I truly love the gifts!)

Luke went down quickly tonight for the third night in a row without a bottle. I think I am getting rid of them?!?! Now for the pics:

Last pic of Luke enjoying his bedtime bottle. This was last week. He was in his own little world with his buddy Frogger. This frog is from Gma Jackie. It was waiting in Luke's crib before he was born as a surprise for Steve and I and he has been a great buddy to Luke. Actually, this week Frogger survived the washer and drier after a naked Luke peed on him.
Trying to figure out how to open a candy bar. On our way up north last week we let him loose in a convenient store and the first thing he did was trot down the candy aisle and grab this candy bar. We had to buy it because he was bending it every which way trying to open it in the store, and Steve ate it later :)

He loves hotel phones. I unplug them and he just loves pushing the buttons and dragging it all around the room.

He also really enjoyed the carpeting after an evening swim-

Watching the Wimbleton men's final in bed on Sunday morning. This is one of my favorite hair moments and a favorite Luke moment since he isn't one to pause for snuggles very often. Between the banana and the tv he was content for a few minutes.

Brunch with Brovie and my parents. Post-July 4th fun! Luke was in awe of Brovie - just loved feeding him bagels and listening to him talk.

Changing a picture and an old splatter painting that I did at my first counseling job (with the art class) was in the frame. Luke was interested in all of the colors and I was interested in getting some great pictures of him.

Can you see all of the raviolis on the floor - Luke is working on using a fork, and he is getting pretty good at it. We lost a few to his practice and then a few more to him being done and just clearing his tray.

His belly is full, and he is happy.

Is it obvious that he needs a tad bit more practice with the fork?

Luna loves a snack - I love a helper!

The tennis racquet belongs in the dryer, mom!

He is just checking his height against the racquet.

He stands on this lunchbox inside his playpen in order to reach the magnets on the fireplace. He then throws them everywhere and has a blast doing so...I just love his feet at work.

As I loaded the pictures on this post, Steve just killed me at Yahtzee. Time to clean up a little and go to bed.

No comments: