Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Winter


It has been snowing this morning! Luke and I had fun looking out the windows and watching it come down this morning. The dogs get really frisky with snow and we watched them wrestle on the deck, too. That always makes Luke giggle.

I am working to find positives to winter weather. I think I am stunting Luke's development since we are IN THE HOUSE so much these past couple of weeks. I really feel for anyone north of us...brrrr. I know that stuff around the house is interesting to him, but we will certainly appreciate warmer weather. We both like to be OUTSIDE and social. Steve and I went to Panera ysterday just to be out for a while and let Luke enjoy people watching. He also liked getting pieces of bread as big as his head in his mouth.

I did get to hike yesterday with the dogs. They desperately needed a leash free romp and I desperately needed some fresh air and exercise. It was really nice. I have never seen so much of Kinkaid frozen. It was pretty and it was fun to throw rocks on the ice. None of them broke through, but they did make really interesting sounds as they landed and slid across the surface. There is a lot of beauty outside, even in January

I have had the Inauguration coverage on this morning. I just put Luke down for his nap and told him that when he wakes up, we will have a new president. He was still more interested in his buddy, George, than Obama. He showed off a new trick yesterday. When you try to turn the handle to use the jack in the box, he just releases the latch and looks at you like "why are you turning that handle...this is how you get George out!" He is like his daddy, he came out smarter than any adult around him.
Here they are relaxing with some football on Sunday. I am not sure who is happier.

No comments: