Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Find your breath



My mom came over last night when Steve was at a school event to do some yoga with me. She is a really good instructor. I expected to do some sun salutations and call it a day, but she actually led us through a 20 minute routine. As you can see from the pictures, we had a little observer. He would race in to see what the heck we were doing, babble at us and then take off around the couch again. It was pretty fun yoga.

It was a total grandma day yesterday. Besides my mom visiting, Gma Susan came by as we were getting ready to go to the mall (social time, you know, gotta get out of the house) and she was headed there as well. So...Luke spent some time strolling with her and we all enjoyed a drink at Gloria Jean's and some people watching. Grandma's are GREAT!

The highlight for Luke was when a crew of kids walked by with their moms. These two women had 4 or 5 kids of varying ages with them and he just watched them as they approached and then followed them down the mall until he couldn't see them anymore. When the weather warms up a bit, we are going to be at parks, etc...so that he can enjoy some kid time.

After Gma left to pick up Gpa Paul, my friend Leah showed up (I'm telling you, the mall is the place to be! Do I sounds like a 7th grader?) with her 7 month old Jonah so we strolled some more and had a nice visit. Luke had about had it with the mall after a while, though, so we headed home and he knocked out on the way.

I have put some pics of us on here, too, from yesterday. I love the Adidas outfit. I know people get excited to dress little girls, but I was born to be a boy's mom. They have such fun clothes for little guys, and I don't have to buy anything with ruffles - oh yeah! Leah mentioned liking what he was wearing, and I starting singing "It's Tricky" She joined in, we danced a little, and the two boys looked at us like we were aliens.

Luke is standing by himself here ->


Luke slept in today after a 5am wakeup. He is tugging on his musical bear right now, listening to "Row Row Row Your Boat" and slowly waking up. Cute, cute, cute...Steve is home b/c of the weather and I am going to cancel Luke's dr. appt. It is just a wellness check and it is a sheet of ice outside. Not to mention the fact that due to his wakeup time today, he will be sleeping when we are supposed to be in the waiting room. No thanks. It sounds much better to just snuggle up all day.

No comments: