Thursday, January 22, 2009

Just a MARVELOUS day!

The high school is such a wonderful place to work and to be a part of...This morning there was a wonderful reception for Steve as incoming principal. It was absolutely wonderful to see so many people in once room celebrating Steve's new position and the new chapter for the entire school. Steve did a great job with his speech, thanking many people that have helped him reach this point in his career like his parents and mentors in the education field. People trust Steve to do a good job, and that trust is well placed. People really don't grow up to be any better than Steve.

Luke was, of course, a big hit at the reception. Today is his 10 month birthday...wow! It feels like spring outside and we have fully enjoyed the day. Lots of social time at school, then at our wonderful neighbors for a bit, and we just returned from a fun lunch with my dear friend, Claudia. Luke was a little sleepy at lunch, but he really hung in there and enjoyed getting some Claudia energy. He is really cute now in crowds or when he is a little tired b/c he will get kind of snuggly with me and it is really sweet.

As much as I have complained about his lack of sleeping through the night, I think I am finally trained to enjoy the 3am wake up. He will eat a little bit and then turn around and fall asleep on my shoulder or chest and it is just the best feeling ever. I generally just get in bed with him then until morning. It is what I like to call 'precious time' and I know it will go by quickly.

Here are some pics of him standing up. He can support himself if he is holding on the the ottoman or the couch. The one with me in it is taken from the couch cushion with him standing and looking at the camera. He is really trying to figure out how the whole walking thing works...I don't think it will be long!



1 comment:

Jen said...

I see that Luke likes the remote too. Lucas has started pointing at the t.v. and acts like he is changing the channels. They pick up on stuff so quickly. Congrats to your husband on his new job, so exciting.