Thursday, March 10, 2011

Grrrrr & some cake

Tonight was a night that made me thankful to be a mom of one...there, I said it. AAAHHHHH! How can we have 3 tantrums over DINNER? Anyway, that is my brief, but make me feel better, grrrr moment. Now for the love affair with cake -










Last Saturday, Luke and I were invited to a really cute tea party birthday party for his buddy, Addison. It was fun to see the kids play, although Luke was the only boy and as soon as the activities (dressing up and playing princess) started he hightailed it out of the playroom and went to flirt with the cake. Really. Addison's older cousin, Christopher, helped break Luke out of his shell and he enjoyed himself, especially when he helped, from 6 feet away, Addison blow out her birthday candles and got to eat his piece :)

Here are some recent Luke quotes that I think are pretty neat:
"The train is going on the viaduct, mommy" Really, VIADUCT? Yes, Luke, you are correct!

"I am so excited!" to get to eat a gummy bear

"Let's go to Wal-Mart" at least once a day in an attempt to shop for a new toy

"I am beautiful" (I agree)

"Absolutely YES" when I say "Absolutely NO"

"Love you, too, mommy" adding this because we are not constantly arguing!

"I saw a coal plant, Daddy!" Where, Luke "Next to the train!" the coal plant does sit across the street

"Made out of tomatoes" when asked about where ketchup (a new fave) comes from

No comments: