Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Random bits

This is the last week that Luke & I are hanging together everyday. He will start at the Montessori preschool next week a few mornings each week through the summer and then attend full time in August when I go back to work. I am happy for both of us. He is ready for teachers and friends and more fun than mommy can come up with these days, and I am ready to be in the high school mix again. So thankful that I had this extra year at home to get to know him even better, and so thankful that I have a job to go back to that I love and that he has a great school to attend.

So, here are some random bits of our life these days...

----Not sure I have ever mentioned how fortunate and happy we are to live near our parents. This weekend, my mom helped me so much just by keeping me company and Gma Susan had an overnight guest Sunday so that Steve and I could just veg out. THANK YOU SO MUCH!

----It is harder to get candid photos of him because he instantly wants the camera for himself so I get shots like this...

and this...

----He is very sensitive to others emotions and very loving, BUT bite marks like these are why we have been giving him 2 minute timeouts in the past few days. Last night he had 5 I think...
----If I am short on ideas for dinner but have a pound of bacon to cook in the freezer, my husband & child are both giddy with what I have cooked. As a female, I may never fully understand the magic of bacon, but I will cook it once in a while and watch as my family eats happily.

----It is summer here...blazing hot but we are not complaining. We are playing in water, staying in during the heat of the day and happy to be goosebump free!We are also enjoying the spring storms that pop up. Luke will imitate thunder and likes to see the rain come down.
----I love Luke. Last night before he went to bed, I was 'talking' to him about his day and his stay at Gma & Gpa's. He told me that he played with Gpa's train and sang with Gma and he must have taken the train set apart at some point b/c he kept saying 'uh-oh, choo-choo' and when I asked who fixed it he said Gpa :)

---And, of course, we are still big fans of anything with four wheels.

His pants are nearly on the ground due to his use of pockets. Cars, trucks, buses all go in those pockets and then there is a battle of the pants v. Luke to get them out again.
I hear 'Mommy' coming from his room, so we are off to the races...

No comments: