Wednesday, May 5, 2010

I might not want to get him a sandbox, but...and some birds

Some friends and family (my mom) have been after me to get Luke a sandbox or at least put sand in the side of the water table that it is meant for. I just don't have the personality that can deal with cleaning up sand for the rest of my life (husband (who is very tidy) 2 dogs 1 child = NO SAND! I have enough to sweep every day) so I continue to tell anyone that feels Luke is being denied a childhood right that they can have a sandbox at their house for him to play with (love you mom).

This personality trait of mine does not extend to other sensory items so today Luke got a shaker and a bowl of a salt/flour combo and his trucks were BUSY...it all works out (and flour doesn't track into the house!)








We also have been enjoying our own bird viewing station on the deck...cardinals, robins, finches, bluebirds and the rose breasted grosbeak (got that name thanks to Gma Susan's detective work!) Good, good (and pretty)fun! Luke will cheep to them and try to get them to visit with us ;)



For my memory's sake, today was just a spectacular day spent with Luke. He slept in until 9, ate a good breakfast of eggs and toast and juice (and then a popsicle), spent lots of time outside with his trucks and then on my lap reading books in the shade, then we took off to get a lemonade and treat for a brownbag lunch concert in the center of town. We listened to some really good blues music while sitting or walking as close to Route 51 as possible in order to watch the cars, trucks, taxis, ambulances, cement mixers, etc...a train also went by so the concert was a big hit! After that fun, he wanted to play hide and seek in the city's flowers but we hightailed it out of there for a trip to the library to cool off and play/read a bit - he found some beanbag chairs that he loved lounging in while I read to him and we found BOB THE BUILDER books...wow! The we had a quick errand and a run through the car wash...he was actually beat so he had two stories and knocked out for an afternoon nap. I love this time with him so much!

No comments: