Thursday, May 27, 2010

A boy eating popsicles, a gnome & some local produce

The boy is Luke.


The popsicles are 'homemade' and a big hit.


The gnome is a garage sale find that has become part of our family.The bird he is holding is now a separate piece due to a rough trip down Luke's slide.


This (organic, local) produce is our second delivery from the csa we joined this year. Lettuce, beets, garlic, herbs, sugar snap peas that are delicious right out of the crate. Yum!We will get a delivery of goodness for through the summer and early fall. I have already frozen soup I made with the spinach to enjoy in the fall!

PS - Yesterday, I took Luke to his school so that we could drop off his paperwork. I really wanted him to see the teachers and the inside of the building before he starts going there on Tuesday, too, so the paperwork was just a good excuse. He was a little shy at first, but then he noticed some toys and wanted down to explore. A couple of 'older' girls waved and said hi to him as he trotted across the room to look at the toy selection and when I asked him if he was ready to leave he gave me a quick but firm "NO". I hope next week goes well, but I am excited that we have found him a great place and feel good about this next step for all of us! I went to work for 1/2 day today and just LOVED being with my peers and feeling like myself in another way.

1 comment:

steetoa said...

That gnome is creep as hell, Erinn!