Tuesday, March 2, 2010

An Adventure

Last Saturday, I had a baby shower and Steve had a lunch to attend but when he got home he suggested we hit the road and visit St. Louis for the day. woo - hoo I love when fun plans are suggested. We loaded up and got to shop for a few of our favorite things at Trader Joe's and then head to the zoo. Well, we got to town about 4:00, just as Luke passed out from all of the highway excitement (Can you believe how many trucks and cool motorized things you see on a 2 hour drive to St. Louis?) I did the TJ's power shoppping while Steve drove around with a snoozing Luke. Once I was done, we realized the zoo closed at 5, so we looked for other options. And we found this - http://www.citymuseum.org The City Museum of St. Louis

Whoa...this museum is a total crazy fun-filled sensory overload madhouse. You have to visit to get the whole idea but it was a great visit with lots of exploring and sensory overload (did I mention that?) I only took a few pictures while we explored the outdoor metal playland b/c it really took two of us to keep an eye on Luke. My favorite is my attempt at a timer family shot that is brilliant because Luke decided he needed the camera...love that face.




Just for the record we followed this fun up with a great dinner at Charlie Gitto's downtown...worth the visit for the amazing salad and generous wine pours alone!

No comments: