Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Special People


We lost to Marion tonight. In my three years of coaching we haven't ever lost to them so that really stinks. It is really frustrating to coach and sometimes feel like you are more interested in the outcome than your players. My girls are wonderful young ladies - really! - but we just aren't getting it done this year...
I really like Coach Watson, though, and she has really worked hard to build a program for the girls in Marion. I always enjoy talking with her and she surprised me tonight with a present for Luke. The afghan that he is holding in this picture is from her mom. I have never met her mom, and this is one of those moments that you realize there are so many good hearted and generous people in the world. Luke was really interested in the blanket. He tolerated it on his body and of course wanted to chew on it!
The video attached doesn't have sound, but this is what I saw when I got home tonight. Steve was giving Luke a bottle and he was looking at the door as I came in...all I saw was a huge grin. What a sight! I felt like a mom and I felt like he was really happy to see me. Leah came over today with 3 month old Jonah. It was fun to talk and hang out for a while and the boys were interested in each other. Jonah is almost Luke's size which is kind of funny - they both really like to go for walks and be outside so in a couple of years Leah and I will probably be chasing them around the park together.
Gma Susan discovered Luke's second bottom tooth popping through today. He was really happy all morning then kind of cranky in the afternoon and I swear that thing popped through between 12-2 this afternoon. Luke is really sick of me pulling his lip back to look at them but I am really intrigued by the whole process :)
We go to Salem tomorrow so it will be another long break from my babe and my babe - I am looking forward to having a relaxed family day on Sunday already.

No comments: