Thursday, July 24, 2008

Helpers

I have been meaning to note how important Luke's grandparents are to him already. I am not sure how parents make it without at least a little help and support from their own parents after a baby arrives. (I will never be able to thank my mom enough for the lunch visits or Susan for her willingness to babysit at the drop of a hat!) I know that Steve and I discuss how fortunate we are to have both sets of parents nearby. It is nice to like your parents and really nice to have great in-laws.







Anyway, this is a little entry dedicated to the special relationship that we see each time Luke gets to spend time with his Grandmas and Grandpas. He will be exposed to different ideas and experiences with all of them, and it is interesting and heartwarming to watch these relationships grow.

Special times with:
Grandma Jackie - walks around the neighborhood, blowing rasberries, getting to hang out naked by the pool

Grandpa Nick - keeping up with mom and the dogs on morning walks, watching the Cardinals, looking forward to hearing him play the guitar

Grandma Susan - telling stories back and forth, walks outside to see the trees and flowers, blowing bubbles, peek-a-boo

Grandpa Paul - being held - but only if I am walked around, enjoying his singing

No comments: