Sunday, July 20, 2008

Cool dogs




Anyone that knows me knows that I really adore our dogs, Luna and Star. They just make life better. One of the things that we looked forward to on as we brought Luke home was to see how they would interact with a new little person. From the moment he has been home, they have been beyond great. Luna (left) watches from a distance and as he has gotten bigger she is showing more interest in who he is and what he does. She seems to really enjoy me being home more b/c that means more treats!



Star is a unique dog - Our neighbor thought we should have named her goofy, and we think so too sometimes. She is a total lovebug, though, once she is comfortable with you and we get lots of laughs from life with Star. I used to say that she was strictly Steve's girl, but he has agreed that once Luke came home she found a new favorite. Star is Luke's guardian and companion and just loves him. He has started to notice her when she is near and he will smile and try to grab her as she gives him a kiss or sits down next to him. I wonder what he thinks when he looks at them?



We are lucky to have such good companions. This spring as I adjusted to motherhood, walks with the dogs helped keep me healthy physically and mentally - I often joked (kind of) with Steve that our daily walks were a big key to me maintaining my sanity. Walks have been a nice constant in our lives pre- and post-Luke that we all enjoy.

1 comment:

steetoa said...

I love naked babies! It almost looks like Luke's got a little speedo tan line, too. :)

I can only hope that Yasmine is as cool with a baby as your pups have been. My take is that she'll be p-i-s-s-e-d. Oh well.