Monday, November 15, 2010

Sicilian Dining

A big thank you to Shannon for sending me some cooking inspiration from a cooking school that she attended in Sicily. The cookbook even has a page dedicated to cooking pasta for beloved pets. I love it!

I made a pasta dish with peppers, pancetta, portabella mushrooms and chicken what was amazing. It was a joy to prepare and a total joy to watch it be enjoyed by happy family members! I took these pictures with my phone because my camera is MIA right now but I am posting them anyway!
cookbook and some ingredients the chicken was fried first in olive oil and butter (but with the skin removed!)
pancetta sizzling
red & yellow peppers and green onions added
cubed mushrooms and a little water
stewed tomatoes with salt, sugar and cayenne pepper mixed in
chicken in the pot - added port wine and simmered for about 20 minutes
finished product, cooked pasta heated with the sauce before adding to serving platter with chicken. add shredded parm and ENJOY!


This is Luke eating an apple (and peanut butter bites that Daddy ended up eating) with toothpicks in each bite...I read about this on another friend's bolg a while back and it was a big hit. He even ate some pasta last night with these new utensils.


I got in a minor accident this weekend so Luke will walk around with his tow truck saying 'mommy in trouble' when he is not throwing or kicking a football. Woke up this morning and went right back to practicing his kicking. Love him!

No comments: