Friday, November 5, 2010

Date Night

Last night was my date night with Luke. I asked him a few times on the way home if he wanted to make cookies with me, and he kept saying 'no'. However, as I got all of the ingredients ready (especially the chocolate chips)and he saw measuring cups and spoons coming out to measure all kinds of fun things into bowls, he became pretty interested. We made it to counting to 4 for the flour part and then he let me finish measuring while he PLAYED. I have to say he was great using the mixer by himself, I was only allowed to hold the bowl :) and even better at cleaning the mixing attachments. Yum! Cookies came out great and the kitchen floor is almost back to normal! After lots of flour ended up on the floor, I asked Luke if I should get the broom and he started saying "Clean up mess" over and over...Wonder where he hears that! Happy weekend!








1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It doesn't get any better than baking with mom in a flurry of flour!

What a great memory this will be, especially the quote, "clean up mess"...gotta love that..

gma J