Monday, November 22, 2010

Road Trip Reading

Steve drove the entire way to Chicago last weekend which meant I was in charge of entertainment and fun for the trip. Those roles seem to fit both of us best. I really love to listen to Steve read aloud, but he was driving so I read a few hours worth of short stories while Luke napped or entertained himself with passing traffic and car toys, then he wanted to check out the book for himself.


He was a great traveler on the way there. We all got a little antsy stuck in traffic about an hour from the city but at least there were lots of trucks to look at, books to read & police cars with their lights on at various intervals.
Hurray for a 7 hour trip (including 3 stops, one being a joyous visit to the Mattoon Steak 'N Shake) where the family still (pretty much) loves each other and we didn't have to pull over and buy a DVD player ;)


I did let Luke use my camera for a bit of fun on the trip and I like this photo of Daddy driving.

No comments: