Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Independent Fella


Once I notice Luke's eyes have become glassy from a busy morning and his belly full from a (hopefully) good lunch, we move our activities back to the playroom and his bedroom for a diaper change, lots of tickles and giggles because he goes into really amusing hysterics trying to avoid me on the futon all the while NOT avoiding me and laughing while I tickle him, and eventually over to his room for four or five stories then a few verses of 'Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star' before he cuddles up to George and knocks out for two or three hours.

The last couple of days Luke has completely banned me from the story time chair and has instead read to himself before he gets down and grabs my hand for some snuggles before he gets in his crib. Actually, on Monday he grabbed a warm blanket from the laundry basket and walked it and me back to his crib for nap time. So, the point to these run-on sentences is that our little fella is getting to be a really independent little fella and I am pretty impressed. Here are a few shots of him reading in his room and showing how proud he is to be the sole owner of the story chair now.


P.S. I am not sad yet over lost story time since now he wakes up and is eager to read right away. We read for nearly 45 minutes today before he tugged me by my index finger down the hall for a pre-breakfast and some juice.

No comments: