Thursday, September 3, 2009

Off to the races

Last Tuesday we went to the horse races at the DuQuoin State Fair. This was pretty special to me because I grew up going to the Illinois State Fair with my dad every year for the races, and now Luke is joining in on the fun. Steve also used to go to the horse races with his Gpa Merle :)

Luke was more interested in the tractors and the trucks and running up and down the handicap accessible ramp, but noticed the horses and enjoyed the outside time. He also really got a kick out of the huge lemon shake-up cup.

Thanks for so many fun memories, dad. I am really thrilled that we have started a new tradition with the LukeSTAR. Grandma, how do I open these doors?

up close and personal with the ambulance (that he knows has a siren and fun lights)
Mom, do you see this truck? It is HUGE! and I LOVE IT! Vroom, Vroom.
Grandpa, I said put $2 on number 1 to win...easy choice
Everything at the fair is HUGE!
Enjoying a laugh with my dad :) He is great!

No comments: