Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Cars and Sudoku - pretty much a random post

Luke really, really, really, loves cars and trucks and all things that go vroom vroom. When we go to our nearby park, we end up at the corner of a busy street sitting together & watching all of the traffic. Forget the park equipment and the other kids, there is TRAFFIC nearby! He HAS to be watched really carefully in areas with no sidewalks (like our street) because he just wants to play in the road....argh!

Today at the park while we waited for our play date, a couple of semis honked at him which was the coolest, and he waved to several other passing motorists, which always got a smile in return. It is actually a pretty good time.

Today after I had laid him down for a nap that he did not take (until an hour later) I went to check on him and he motioned for some books to be brought to him (Prince Luke is my new name for him, I am the lowly servant mama) which I did, and he sat in his crib for 10 more minutes reading about baby sign language and The Very Hungry Caterpillar.

I continued to make some lunch and read the paper. However, I soon heard some LOUD shouting so I went to see him standing up in his crib signing "eat" so we got out of the crib, ate some lunch, pasta w/peas and blueberries (have I mentioned that this boy EATS all day long? I love it!) and then enjoyed some fun time with cars while servant mama cleaned up and played along with the various car chases and wrecks that I could help out with.


Totally changing the subject, here is how we found him the other day. Sitting on my side of the bed, working one of my sudoku puzzles. I don't even do these in front of him or when he is awake so it was even funnier/cuter/more amazing (you pick) to see him holding the pen and trying to figure out where the correct numbers go (b/c his dad & I are convinced he knows the rules)

Enough of this randomness...I still need to finish reading the paper!

No comments: